The Zonta Club of Adelaide Flinders is a member of Zonta International, a worldwide organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
The objectives of Zonta International are to:
- To improve the legal, political, economic, educational, health and professional status of women at the global and local level through service and advocacy.
- To work for the advancement of understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of executives in business and the professions.
- To promote justice and universal respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- To be united internationally to foster high ethical standards, to implement service programs, and to provide mutual support and fellowship for members who serve their communities, their nations, and the world.
The Zonta Club of Adelaide Flinders was chartered in 1981. We meet on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:15pm at the Public Schools Club, 207 East Terrace, Adelaide.
Club members cover a wide range of businesses and professional disciplines. We are united in volunteering our time and talents to make a difference in the lives of women here and around the globe. We undertake a range of local projects, as well as supporting projects at the Zonta district and international levels.
Zonta International was founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York, USA. There are over now over 30,000 members in more than 1200 clubs in 67 countries and geographic areas. The first Australian club was chartered in 1966, and there are now three Zonta districts operating in Australia.
Club office bearers for 2016-18
- President: Eronwy Edwards
- Vice President: Lindy Berketa
- Secretary: Rohelle Woodley-Baker
- Treasurer: Lindy Berketa
- Board members: Marisa Cheese, Evelyn O’Loughlin, Kye Deleur, Susan MacDonald